By Lori Martin, Owner of The Art of Order
Sometimes as a parent, you always find yourself rushing out the door, rushing to make breakfast, rushing to do everything basically. Part of the reason is you’re now managing another being. Between school day drop offs and pickups, doctor’s appointments and extracurricular activities, there’s little time left over for parents themselves.
Plus with each stage of parenthood, form the infancy of your child to teenage years, sometimes it feels you can hardly catch a break. Breathe easy though:- Simple acts of organization can help you sail a smooth ship daily, every day of the year. The Art of Order has helped numerous families shake up the way their homes are set up, in order to get the ultimate organization flow activated.
In addition, our company advises on time management, which coupled with organization, can help parents reserve time in their day for themselves.
Here are a few helpful tips:
- A Key Holder – Placement in a central place for example, and always remembering to place keys there can save moms and dads loads of time playing treasure hunt each day. This can be applied to coats and an in/out bin for mail.
- Assign Chores – Delegating different tasks to different members of the household can help ease the work load significantly.
- Chops of Tasks – Tasks can be done daily for 15 minutes, just as an example. Loading the dishwasher or clothes washer can help reduce the burden over the weekend. The same can be done for wiping the bathrooms and kitchen surfaces daily.
- A Calendar of Events – These notes can include special meetings or appointments to help kids and parents alike know what’s happening in the near future.
- Spring Clean Regularly – Donate unwanted items, instead of hoarding, which ultimately leads to junk pile up. Going through closets and drawers at regular intervals can help to minimize the accumulation of old newspapers, old clothes and items that are no longer used.
These simple things can help to bring back order to each day. Plus, moms and dads won’t feel as stressed running around once an organizational plan is implemented. Think of your home as a business – without a plan, productivity sinks. The same applies with all aspects of life. Plus, while we know that all homes are different, these universal tips will certainly help.
If you need an overhaul in the way your home is organized, whether this is your furniture arrangements, or an evaluation to get the most useful suggestions for improvement, The Art of Order can help. Our consultants can help you arrange your home to make it have the best work flow possible.